This page will provide updates on the rapidly evolving Coronavirus pandemic, ideas from other schools who are teaching online, and updates on how other universities and colleges are handling the transition from teaching online.
WHO Update for Coronavirus –
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 – main page for recent information.
https://who.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html (dashboard view – may require initial login)
CDC Coronavirus information – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html – main page
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html Summary for cases in the USA
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html – CDC information for global travel
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html – some therapeutic possibilities for Coronavirus patients from CDC.
- https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/early-peek-at-data-on-gilead-coronavirus-drug-suggests-patients-are-responding-to-treatment/ – article describing positive results from a trial of a very promising COVID-19 therapy, Remdesivir.
Research Articles on Coronavirus –
- https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.09.20033217v1.full.pdf – Preprint of MEMJ Medical Research on Coronavirus survival on surfaces and transmission
- https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30566-3/fulltext – Lancet Article studying patients in China
- https://art-bd.shinyapps.io/nCov_control/ – Computer simulation of COVID-19 epidemic.
Some useful articles for Coping with Social Distancing and maintaining productivity (and sanity) from the Chronicle of Higher Education-
- “Productivity and Happiness under Sustained Disaster Conditions” by Aisha S. Ahmad – April 20, 2020: https://www.chronicle.com/article/ProductivityHappiness/248481
- “Why you should Ignore all that CoronaVirus-Inspired Productivity Pressure” by Aisha S. Ahmad – March 27, 2020: https://www.chronicle.com/article/Why-You-Should-Ignore-All-That/248366
General News Stories on the Coronavirus Pandemic –
- https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200319-covid-19-will-drinking-water-keep-you-safe-from-coronavirus – BBC Future blog with very interesting articles debunking rumors about the coronavirus. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/science/coronavirus-treatment.html – Great article describing potential treatments for Coronavirus with details about how the virus works.
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/health/coronavirus-sars-cov-2-structure/ – nice article showing high resolution visualization of the Coronavirus and how it works.
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/what-its-like-to-be-infected-with-coronavirus/2020/03/21/92794f4c-6953-11ea-9923-57073adce27c_story.html – Article that includes interviews with people who actually have contracted the Coronavirus, helping to demystify the illness.
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/ – Excellent article from Washington Post showing simulations of how viruses spread within populations.
- https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/world/coronavirus-news.html – Trump suspends travel from Europe for 30 days.
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/11/coronavirus-live-updates/ – WHO declares Coronavirus a “global pandemic.”
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/health/coronavirus-how-epidemics-spread-and-end/ – Good overview of how epidemics spread, with exposition of Ro and other quantities that determine rates.