Travel & Accommodations:
Soka University is located in Aliso Viejo, California about 12 miles South of John Wayne Airport and 56 miles South of Los Angeles International Airport.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Ayres Hotel, 5 miles from campus. The street address and contact information for the hotel is below:
Ayres Hotel | 24341 El Toro Road | Laguna Woods, CA 92637
(949) 588-0131 | https://www.ayreshotels.com/ayres-hotel-laguna-woods
You can also navigate to our campus address, which is 1 University Ave., Aliso Viejo, 92656.
Bus Transportation between Ayres Hotel and Soka University: We have arranged to have a chartered bus transport guests between the Ayres Hotel and the Soka University campus. Our bus will pick up guests at the Ayres Hotel on Sunday June 3 at 4:00PM and 4:45PM, to arrive for our opening dinner and talk on Sunday. The bus will return guests to the hotel at 8:00PM. On both conference days the bus will pick up guests at 7:20AM and 8:00AM to arrive for our morning sessions, and return guests to the Ayres hotel at 8:00PM.
You can also download our Bus Schedule for Soka Globalizing the Liberal Arts Conference (PDF)
Conference Venues: Our first evening session on June 3 is at Founders Hall, on the lower part of campus, and our morning sessions on June 4 and 5 are at the Soka University Performing Arts Center. Our afternoon sessions and dinners on June 4 and 5 will be at the Soka University Athenaeum, and bus transportation will be provided on both June 4 and 5 to take attendees to the Atheneum. The venues are visible on our campus map, and our conference organizing group will be available to help direct conference attendees once on campus.
TRANSPORTATION from airports
- A Shuttle Bus from Los Angeles Airport (LAX) to Soka costs about $50 per person one way and will bring you directly to campus. You do not need a reservation, simply walk out to the shuttle bus stop in front of the airport and sign up there. Be sure to get a quote first (there are several different services and prices may vary with gas price increases.) Ask for a discount if several people are going to the same destination. Distance is about 50 miles. Expect it to take about 1 hour depending upon traffic. Super Shuttle offers a 10% Soka discount if you book online.
- Taxi service from LAX costs about $100 one way. Be sure to get a quote first – prices may change with gas price increases.
- John Wayne Airport Orange County (SNA) is located 12 miles from campus and both shuttle buses and taxis are available.
- Limo service is also available: www.AirportLimo.com
PARKING on campus
If you drive yourself to campus, all visitors may park on campus for free in Lot E next to the Athenaeum. Please see our campus map for directions.