Travel & Accommodations:
Soka University is located in Aliso Viejo, California about 12 miles South of John Wayne Airport and 56 miles South of Los Angeles International Airport.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Ayres Hotel, 5 miles from campus. Please reserve your room as soon as possible, and be sure to inform the hotel staff that you are attending the “Soka Liberal Arts conference” to receive the group rate of $144.00.
Ayres Hotel | 24341 El Toro Road | Laguna Woods, CA 92637
(949) 588-0131 | https://www.ayreshotels.com/ayres-hotel-laguna-woods
*We have arranged to have a Soka Shuttle transport guests between the Ayres Hotel and the Soka campus – more information will be posted here regarding pick-up times. * You can also navigate to our campus address, which is 1 University Ave., Aliso Viejo, 92656.
TRANSPORTATION from airports
- A Shuttle Bus from Los Angeles Airport (LAX) to Soka costs about $50 per person one way and will bring you directly to campus. You do not need a reservation, simply walk out to the shuttle bus stop in front of the airport and sign up there. Be sure to get a quote first (there are several different services and prices may vary with gas price increases.) Ask for a discount if several people are going to the same destination. Distance is about 50 miles. Expect it to take about 1 hour depending upon traffic. Super Shuttle offers a 10% Soka discount if you book online.
- Taxi service from LAX costs about $100 one way. Be sure to get a quote first – prices may change with gas price increases.
- John Wayne Airport Orange County (SNA) is located 12 miles from campus and both shuttle buses and taxis are available.
- Limo service is also available: www.AirportLimo.com
PARKING on campus
If you drive yourself to campus, all visitors may park on campus for free in Lot E next to the Athenaeum. Please see our campus map for directions.